‘I Play Rocky’ Trailer Hits 20 Million Views: First Look at Anthony Ippolito as a Young Sylvester Stallone
There may already be six Rocky movies and three Creed spin-offs out there for your viewing pleasure, but if like us, you just can’t get enough of the “Italian Stallion,” the news that Anthony Ippolito is set to channel Sylvester Stallone—to tell the fabled story of how the original movie got the green light, will be welcome news. And, if the newly released trailer is anything to go by, the box office can take our money right now.
What Is the ‘I Play Rocky’ Movie About?
Stallone fans already know that he was a struggling actor, failing to find his footing in Hollywood before taking matters into his own hands and writing a winning script, but not everyone knows the challenges that Sly faced to play the starring role of his own creation. While producers loved the underdog story of a no-named challenger who is given a million-to-one-shot chance at the heavyweight title, they wanted anyone but Stallone on the poster. Instead, the young actor was offered increasing sums of money to sell the rights and walk away, so that the likes of Burt Reynolds or Ryan O’Neil could don the gloves instead
Despite his dire financial situation, Sly kept the faith, insisting that he would only sell the script if he could play Rocky Balboa, backing himself in a move that made him a true underdog in his own right. “I Play Rocky” tells the story of Stallone’s battle with the Hollywood elite, recounting the trials and tribulations of bringing one of the most popular movies of all time to the big screen.
Who Plays Young Sylvester Stallone in ‘I Play Rocky’?
Set to play Sylvester Stallone, Anthony Ippolito has form when it comes to portraying Hollywood icons. The actor played Al Pacino in the 2022 miniseries, The Offer and bears more than a passing resemblance to Sly in publicity shots released for the new project, depicting Ippolito in those infamous grey sweats.
Is Sylvester Stallone Aware of ‘I Play Rocky’?
Sly, who was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for his performance, in 1977, has previously confirmed that the movie was commissioned without any direct contact, but that he was open to consulting on the project. Recently, Stallone has lent his support for “I Play Rocky” on social media, taking to Instagram to write, “Every story has a beginning, and I’m excited to see this one brought to life. Congratulations to the cast and crew of ‘I Play Rocky.’ Keep punching.”
Watch the Official Movie Trailer For ‘I Play Rocky’
With 20 million YouTube views and counting for the trailer alone, demand for Philadelphia’s most famous fictional boxer appears to be just as high as ever. “Both Rocky and Apollo’s casting is freaking great,” commented one excited fan. “Bro is impersonating Stallone with such perfection,” wrote another. “The underdog story about an underdog story,” added yet another.
When will “I Play Rocky” be Released?
Directed by Peter Farrelly (Dumb and Dumber, Ricky Stanicky), and written by Peter Gamble (Trenches, Office Uprising), “I Play Rocky” is expected to appear at the Toronto International Film Festival in September, with a November 6, 2026, release in theaters.
from Muscle & Fitness https://ift.tt/KRnwkXm
via beheathandwellsness
Comments
Post a Comment